Jet Ski Training and Safety Guide
STEPS TO TAKE
JET SKI – Before Arrival
- Sign Rental Agreement and Waiver
- Watch the videos regarding Safety and tips
- If you are a beginner, you must take a training that is mandatory. The training is on Thursday of every week from 12 PM - 6 PM at Bluffers Park, the length is 30 minutes them you will be ready to enjoy your Jet Ski ride.
- Ask questions if you have any
JET SKI - Upon Arrival
- Do the PWC checklist with our staff.
- Don’t consume alcohol or smoke marijuana before or during your ride.
- Make sure the lifejacket fits your body correctly.
- Pay attention to the jet ski operation instructions given by our staff
- Have your credit card present to process the security deposit, the iPhone or android tap does not work on the pin pad for pre-authorizations.
- Share your live location via what app for the duration of your ride, this helps us in case of an emergency for a prompt rescue.
JET SKI – During the Ride
- If you are taking your ride in a group or joining a group, make sure to keep a distance between jet skis of at least 100 ft (30 meters) to avoid a collision which can result in high repair costs.
- Maintain a safe speed for yourself and other boaters, a safe speed is between 50 and 60 km/h.
- Avoid aggressive turns especially if you are carrying a passenger, this can result in serious bodily injury.
- The braking system of a jet ski is not like that of a vehicle, a jet ski will take 300 ft to stop, always keep your distance.
- Always operate the jet ski away from the shoreline at least 1000 ft away.
- Always respect the rules and warning and speed signs on the lake, the speed allowed in a canal and in the port of arrival and departure is 5 km/h
1. Jet Ski Training: Docking
2. Jet Ski Training: Beaching
3. Jet Ski Safety Tips: Person Overboard and Roll-Overs